American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

AALoA NHL Commish: the_EDJ

View previous topicGo downView next topic
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 7205
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

Season 1: Week 2 Open

on Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:49 pm
Season 1: Week 2

I don't know what the fuck that video is. But the song was featured during weekend football and it's stuck in my head.

What an opening week we had.  I believe we had 5 CPU losses?! And they were competitive too, only losing by an average of 4 or 5 points. In contrast, I think the winners versus the CPU only averaged a margin of victory of 10 points. Woah.

**Reminder: I pm'ed a number of you to properly set twitch to temporarily save your videos and directed you to a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. These temporary auto-archives are the bare minimum you have to do. But ti's so easy, and I would greatly appreciate it if you would take the extra minute to just create a highlight and save the entire game indefinitely. I believe I can export them to YouTube, or if you have a Google/YouTube account, I can make you a "manager" of the account to give you rights to upload straight to the channel.

**Rules clarification: Yoscotty_ asked about personnel matchups and how to handle the new fad of flexing/splitting out the receiving TEs in 2 WR sets to spread the defense like you see in the Saints and other playbooks.  It's only a handful of plays in a few formations that do this. Gameplan for it, and set up a few audibles from your base formations to make it work. Base sets have a minimum of 5 formations you can set audibles for.  They don't all have to be the stock Cover 2 man, Cover 2 zone, blitz, and Cover 3.  Find some plays you like and set the audible so you're prepared.  You don't know what formation the offense is going to call, only who is going to be on the field. The offense always has that edge in today's game.  Now if it's 3rd and Long, yes it's common sense to put the extra DB on the field to cover for the pass. But it doesn't give you the option of always calling Nickel because you think the offense is going to pass. The vast majority of the time, you're going to match personnel. And you should anyway because the game punishes you if you go small versus big sets. Find a zone defense that helps corral the look. And learn to user the coverage on those expected plays.

Highlight(s) of the Week
Spoiler:
Create your best highlights via twitch or youtube and let me know where the video is so we can share them.  It's so easy to do now.

User Games
     CPU Games
Lions vs PanthersJaguars vs Redskins
Texans vs RaidersCowboys vs Titans
Bears vs 49ersPatriots vs Vikings
Saints vs Browns
Rams vs Buccaneers
Seahawks vs Chargers
Jets vs Packers
Chiefs vs Broncos
Eagles vs Colts

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]Game of the Week [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
    VS       
Here's a classic AALoA throwdown of a matchup. Both teams won their respective Season openers.  Usually there's a ton on the line, like the playoffs or NFC Championship.  This time it's only early bragging rights.  The game may not get played though as the Owner of the 49ers is quietly in the process of moving for a job across the country. Congrats Squirrel!

Question of the Week
Who is picking up Destiny this week? Let's blast some fools, join the AALoA Destiny Clan. It's launch day, Destiny's website may be buggy...

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Hunter Lvl 40 400 Light
Destiny: Titan Lvl 40 400 Light
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Re: Season 1: Week 2 Open

on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:01 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Chiefs survive very tight game with CPU Broncos 31-24. Broncos took early 14-0 lead and were very tough all the way through. Rookie CB P.Gaines picked off Manning late in the 4th qtr and took it in for a TD to seal the game. Best game against the CPU in years. Felt like I was playing a user.
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Good game here too against the Seahawks. I forgot to Twitch it, but I saved some highlights after through the Share button on the controller... how do I upload it somewhere? Or can I even?

Anyway, the Seahawks end the first half up 14-3, but the Chargers storm back in the second behind a dominating defense with seven sacks (ironically, I had seven sacks against them in our preseason game) and inspired offense. 

On back-to-back TD passes from Rivers to TEs Gates and Phillips, the Chargers take the lead midway through the 4th quarter, 17-14. The Chargers stop the Seahawks and they punt it away with around 3 minutes left, but Keenan Allen fumbles it on the punt return. The Seahawks then score on a Beastmode TD run with less than 2 minutes to go, pushing the score to 21-17. 

Here is where it gets good for Charger fans. Rivers, who tested Richard Sherman all night, throws a 30 yard pass to Allen across the middle, who catches it (USER!) between Sherman and Chancellor (made a highlight of this). The Chargers get inside the 20, and on a scramble on a broken play, Rivers finds Devin Street for a 13 yard TD pass. Street was signed after Malcolm Floyd was injured in Week 1.

Chargers stop the Seahawks from tying the game and they win 24-21.

Player of the Game: QB Philip Rivers, 23 for 34, 229 yards, 3 TDs
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

on Thu Sep 11, 2014 1:50 am
Jaguars lose in a rough one against the Redskins 14-9.
Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American
Yards : 327
Swagger : 9
LocationBloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team : Illinois Fighting Illini

on Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:56 am
Rams get flattened by the Buccs.
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:14 pm
Ken wrote:I forgot to Twitch it, but I saved some highlights after through the Share button on the controller... how do I upload it somewhere? Or can I even?
There's a couple of things you can try.

A.) Start streaming and view the clips via the Capture Gallery or via Share Factory. Then the clips are online and you can cut them up.

B.) Just go to Share Factory and create a highlight video.  You can upload it straight to Facebook or Twitter. Or you can save it to a USB stick and upload it from your computer to YouTube or any other video service you prefer.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
AALoA CommishPSN: the_EDJtwitch: the_EDJMadden League: Chicago BearsDestiny: Warlock Lvl 40 400 Light
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:26 pm
DemonX5136 wrote:Jaguars lose in a rough one against the Redskins 14-9.
Demon, I don't see your score registering in Online Franchise. Did you complete the game all the way back to the main menu?

the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

on Fri Sep 12, 2014 12:23 am
Jesus Fucking Christ the 49ers are a completely BS team to face when CPU. I gave up at least 7 sacks, sometimes players just wouldn't get blocked, and the secondary has completely ass ratings, (82 and lower) yet reacts so fast they can cover two players at once.  And apparently counters are unstoppable when you have fatass Carlos Hyde in the backfield and his 83 speed outrunning my entire defense.  I'd have had a better chance playing against Squirrel directly.

It was such a blowout, Kaepernick threw the ball only 8 times. Fuck me.

DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

on Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:41 am
the_EDJ wrote:
DemonX5136 wrote:Jaguars lose in a rough one against the Redskins 14-9.
Demon, I don't see your score registering in Online Franchise. Did you complete the game all the way back to the main menu?
I did. The little fucker....
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum