American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers

AALoA Launch Thread Empty AALoA Launch Thread

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:07 pm
Step 1: Invites
If you didn't sign the Rules, you didn't get an invite. The Rules thread is linked in the big bold box labeled Rules up top.

Step 2: Create Owner
You must create an owner from scratch, you cannot use the existing owner. Everyone starts with 0 Overall and your legacy is either 0 or 500 depending on your backstory.  "Former Players" gain a legacy, there's "Lifelong Fan," and a "Financial Mogul" that gets extra cash at the start.
Use your real name, a fake name, whatever. Just make sure to start from scratch.

Step 3: Introduce yourself

We know who you are, but what owner did you choose? Use a unique name? Schedule a press conference and tell us what's up.

Step 4: Preseason, I'll advance the week once everyone joins and we can confirm everyone created an owner from scratch. Minus Demon who wont join for 2 days.

NO SIGNING FREE AGENTS

I will announce when free agent signings go live.

Pre-Season Week 1 Closed
Pre-Season Week 2 Closed
Pre-Season Week 3 Closed

Pre-Season Week 4 Open

Regular Season Opens either Saturday or Sunday.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:52 pm; edited 6 times in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

AALoA Launch Thread Empty Re: AALoA Launch Thread

Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:14 pm
User vs User game are broken. Until EA patches it, we all have to follow this workaround. Make sure your gameplay settings match the League. Standard Camera settings and On for everything else. Otherwise games won't record stats and win/losses.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

Tue Sep 02, 2014 3:29 am
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Recenly, the owner formerly known as illmatic216 sat down with our Michelle Beadle for our Sunday Conversation.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

First off, welcome back, coach. It's been awhile. So the millions of fans worldwide want to know if you are back for good and what's up with your name change to illmatic717?

Michelle, you look gorgeous today and if we ever met up in a swanky Pittsburgh nightclub I'd buy you diet Rum & Cokes until you were comfortable enough to come back to my place and engage in the filthiest sexual activities imaginable followed by a morning of regret and self loathing.

Thank you for the compliment. You arouse me greatly. But back to the question...

Sorry, lost my train of thought while gazing into your cleav... eyes. I got a PS4 and now have a stable job in Pittsburgh and can finally devote the time needed to be an active member of AALOA. I'm humbled by the millions of cheering fans and ready to get back to balling out in some MADDEN! Going forward I will be the artist formerly known as illmatic216. I forgot my password so I am now illmatic717.

Your adoring fans seemed surprised by your choice as the Texans owner...

Well Michelle, I had a good run as Chiefs owner for awhile and they still have a great team but sometimes you just need change. The tandem of Clowney and Watt made me drool and I wanted to make sure I got to play one of my favorite Madden rivals, Demon. Plus, I support the death penalty and having assault rifles within arms reach at all times, so Texas just made sense.

That makes sense and you are handsome. Your first year in AALOA you were known for a strong speed running game with Jamaal Charles, but didn't win a Superbowl until you went with an air attack. What will your style be? 

It's easy to have an air attack when you have Bowe, Sidney Rice, and V Jax. *chuckles*. I think we have a nice balance on offense. Obviously we have Andre Johnson, one of the greats, but we have two young WRs alongside him as well. Then in the backfield we have Arian and he needs his touches. Still looking for that secondary runner to step up though. So expect us to do a little of everything. I haven't forgotten my roots or what got me to two straight Superbowls two years ago.

Thanks for the answer, you are muscular and cool. Is there a QB controversy in Houston??

There was, but not anymore. I just made a deal with the New England Patriots to acquire Ryan Mallet. Keenum has got most of the scrimmage reps but we need to adjust to Mallet now. Fitzpatrick will be the backup. Mallet's size and 98 throw power was too much to ignore. We want to expand the field vertically and hopefully catch a lot of teams on playactions while opening up the running lanes for Arian. 

What about the defense?

A guy like Clowney really changes things. We have packages lining up Watt and Clowney all over the place to keep our opponents guessing. Brooks Reed and Cushing have been practicing their blitzes as well. Our secondary has struggled at times, but we will rely heavily on our pass rush this season as I'm sure everyone already knows.

Ok, thanks coach. You make me wet. One last thing, anything to say about former Texans head coach, now assistant coach, Bill O'Brien.

This says all you need to know:

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:09 pm
I've unlocked the pre-season. Go ahead and play your games. DO NOT SIGN FREE AGENTS.

I have a feeling the Falcons will not be joining us. Sick Wid It / King Vic hasn't responded to anything despite being on the forum this weekend.  I texted him getting a response that the phone was no longer his.

Demon will join tomorrow at the latest. Since it's the preseason, you can play the CPU Jags if you'd like if you're scheduled against them.

Saints will have their tryout games soon. Play the CPU until they join.

Injuries are off for the preseason only. Before you crybabies tear up about the whole situation.

Week 2 of the preseason opens Wednesday evening.  FYI, if you are not getting a response from me, I'm not ignoring you. My sister is about to have her 2nd baby any time now with a couple false alarms. I've been babysitting my niece at random times with no notice. So the 3 year old may be holding my attention.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:26 pm
Week 2 Open.
mission8
mission8
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Madden 12, 25, 15, 16 SB Champ
Yards : 711
Swagger : 17
LocationSpringboro,OH
Fave NFL Team : Washington Redskins

Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:32 am
Can we sign free agents before next advance please? CPU teams and the Falcons owner are signing them. Obviously, Falcons owner does not read the league threads.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:39 pm
Free Agency will be opened wide for everyone to sign players at will at 10 pm EST tonight. Please keep in mind your cap room, don't want to screw yourselves over by hitting the cap early.

Sony is undergoing maintenance, but that should be done by then.  Any signings before 10 pm EST will be punished.

FREE AGENCY POSTPONED DUE TO THE BELOW ISSUES NEEDING FIXED.

Last edited by the_EDJ on Thu Sep 04, 2014 8:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:48 pm
Falcons must reverse all the moves they made before free agency opens.

Players to release:
Players to sign back:
QB Stephen MorrisQB TJ Yates
HB Kenjon BarnerWR Courtney Roby
FB Dorin DickersonWR Drew Davis
WR James RodgersTE Jacob Pedersen
WR Sidney RiceTE Josh Harris
TE Bear PascoeTE Mickey Shuler
TE Fred DavisLT Terren Jones
LG Ramon HarewoodLG Mike Johnson
RT Demarcus LoveC James Stone
RT Max StarksRT Ryan Schraeder
LE Gerald RiversLE Cliff Matthews
DT Kevin VickersonDT Travian Robertson
MLB Allen BradfordLOLB Stansly Maponga
ROLB Brandon JenkinsMLB Joplo Bartu
SS Adrian WilsonMLB Marquis Spruill
FS Michael HuffROLB Jonathan Massaquoi
FS Dwight Lowery
FS Sean Baker
FS Tyrell Johnson
FS Zeke Motta
SS Kemal Ishmael
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:42 pm
OK. Thanks to the help of yoscotty, either out of the kindness of his heart, or as a way to kiss ass and get in the league, we've fixed the Falcons transgressions.  We are now all set and..

Free Agency officially opens Friday at 10 pm EST.
the_EDJ
the_EDJ
LocationOmaha, NE

Fri Sep 05, 2014 9:31 pm
It's week 4 of the Pre-season.
To ensure everyone knows how to use twitch, please stream your game and create a highlight via twitch's Video Manager to archive it.  If you play a user, only one might have to do it due to lag.
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:12 am
So, did the Falcons owner quit or was he booted? What is deal?
Ken
Ken
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1104
LocationSan Diego
Fave NFL Team : San Diego Chargers
Fave NCAA Team : N/A

Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:46 pm
Any chance Week 1 starts tonight? Would be a good idea to get it in before Football and then the work week starts again...
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum