American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. We are a community of fun, fair, and respectful games who want both teams to have a good game whether winning or losing. Cheap, lobby-style tactics will not be tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: DemonX3136

AALoA NCAA Commish: SteelPitt16

Season 2: Week 7 Open 5 5 2

Season 2: Week 7 Open

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Season 2: Week 7 Open

Post by the_EDJ on Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:11 am

Season 2: Week 7: OPEN
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Welp, people are dropping like flies. The Bengals quit without warning. The Titans are done without reason. And deadeyez has yet to be able to join the league.

OPEN Teams: Ravens, Chargers, Raiders, Bengals, Dolphins, Titans

Browns Game of the Week Seahawks
Veteran vs newbie. The 4-1 Browns are pushing for a wildcard spot despite their sterling record because they once again are chasing the Steelers. The Seahawks lead a clusterfuck division despite a 2 game slide where every NFC West team carries two or more losses. Wilson. Weden. Skittles. T-Rich. This should be a good cross conference matchup of rising programs.

Best of the twitter
Skip Bayless wrote:RT @[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Does ANYONE get the QB rating? Jason Campbell came close to the magical (NOT!) 158.3 this week. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

— American Armchair Lg (@_AALoA) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Best Recap of the Week
DUAL RECAP wrote:
Steel Pitt wrote:The Steelers move to 6-0 on the season following a 42-20 victory over the NY Jets. The Steelers used a variety of ways to score on their way to putting up 6TD. The Steelers scored TD's on a run, pass, missed FG return, interception return, fumble return and a sweep by the WR.
Plusch24 wrote:That 2nd half was one of the most ridiculous things Ive ever been apart of haha. And somehow Hauscka comes up short on a 55 yd FG w/ 14 mph wind aiding him, that play changed the game. And the Steelers offense became the Avengers at halftime and refused to be tackled.
Is Hauschka still the 99 Kick Power? The sliders were set to severely hamper the long FGs and lengthen the field a bit.

Question of the Week
I've been providing a lot of random music videos each week. Who is your favorite singer/band?

I always share my favorite as being Brett Dennen, hence this week's video. He's not well known. And he's a major hippie out of California with a weird speech impediment, but his albums always seem to be able to get me through the long work week. Plus I love discovering new music, so maybe you gents have some gems.

Week 7 will advance no later than Sunday. Regular advances are Sunday/Wednesday unless everyone lights a fire under their assets and gets their games in, then we can advance early.

the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14 BCS Champ

Yards: 4333
Swagger: 26
Location Omaha, NE
Fave NFL Team: Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team: Nebraska Cornhuskers

http://www.twitch.tv/the_edj

Back to top Go down

Re: Season 2: Week 7 Open

Post by DemonX5136 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:18 am

QOTW - Shinedown is my favorite band. Not 100% sure of why, but they have yet to do a song I do not like.

DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran

Yards: 1075
Swagger: 10
Location Elko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team: Boise State Broncos

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Pitt on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:12 pm

The Pittsburgh Steelers remained undefeated by beating the Cincinnati Bengals 31-13 as they move to 7-0 on the season. Rookie RB Brian Roberts topped the 100 yard mark for the 6th straight game but the news wasn't all good for this young back. Roberts left the game early following a ruptured disk and the word from the medical staff is that he will be out 8 weeks which essentially means his regular season is over. With only Chris Rainey and Baron Batch currently on the roster at the RB spot, the Steelers will have to decide if that's enough for the next 8 weeks or will they have to go out and sign a free agent back to help ease the load.

Edit/Update

Late word out of Pittsburgh is that the Steelers have brought back a familiar face in RB Isaac Redman to help fill the void left by Brian Roberts' injury.

Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ

Yards: 3261
Swagger: 55
Location New York
Fave NFL Team: Pittsburgh Steelers

Back to top Go down

Post by Animosity1oAK on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:19 pm

My Favorite Band would have to be A Day to Remember...you guys would love them (unless you've heard of them already).

Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American

Yards: 321
Swagger: 8
Location Bloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team: Illinois Fighting Illini

Back to top Go down

Post by GoingCommandoAZ on Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:57 pm

I'm more into the harder hard rock stuff lol. Five Finger Death Punch currently has a hold of my music listening. Disturbed, Tool (A Perfect Circle), Korn...

GoingCommandoAZ
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champion
Madden 12 Super Bowl Champion

Yards: 728
Swagger: 10
Location Phoenix, AZ
Fave NFL Team: Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team: Florida Gators

Back to top Go down

Post by Animosity1oAK on Thu Jan 17, 2013 4:01 pm

Oh i love 5FDP too (i also saw them live last year), i love pretty much all rock/metal/heavy metal. Im big on Disturbed, Killswitch Engage, Trivium, We Came as Romans, Of Mice & Men...many many more.

Another band you guys should check out...

Animosity1oAK
All-American
All-American

Yards: 321
Swagger: 8
Location Bloomington, IL
Fave NCAA Team: Illinois Fighting Illini

Back to top Go down

Post by Nickjl87 on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:46 pm

Mumford and sons is my brand

Nickjl87
Redshirt
Redshirt

Yards: 127
Swagger: 2
Location Edmonton,Ab,Can
Fave NFL Team: Titans/Seahawks
Fave NCAA Team: Oregon/Miami

Back to top Go down

Post by newt205 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:04 am

Bills steal a victory from the Chiefs......Rookie QB completes his first pass of the season silent

newt205
Redshirt
Redshirt

Yards: 109
Swagger: 3
Location birmingham, al
Fave NFL Team: Dallas Cowgirls
Fave NCAA Team: Kentucky Wildcats

Back to top Go down

Post by shooter on Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:23 am

I think I'd rather see a video of my girl getting a train run on her then see that again. Gg Newt.

shooter
Redshirt
Redshirt

Yards: 142
Swagger: 0

Back to top Go down

Post by the_EDJ on Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:03 am

newt205 wrote:

Bills steal a victory from the Chiefs......Rookie QB completes his first pass of the season silent
Wow! Incredible finish for both of you. Shooter being patient working his way down the field efficiently. Then the substitution and absolute blown coverage as shooter over-compensated his deep zone.

the_EDJ

Location Omaha, NE

Back to top Go down

Post by Plusch24 on Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:27 pm

Jets vs Pats trying to get under way...waiting on dstylez who said give him 5 10 mins ago...

Please dont advance in the immediate future

Plusch24
Redshirt
Redshirt

Yards: 161
Swagger: 4
Fave NFL Team: Green Bay Packers
Fave NCAA Team: Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Back to top Go down

Post by the_EDJ on Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:07 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to the PSN maintenance throwing the week into advance, I am delaying advance to Monday night. Week 8 will advance Thursday night, and Week 9 will advance Sunday night to get us back in rhythm.

REMAINING GAMES:

• Rams vs Ravens -- No word from bignasty.
  • Eagles vs Saints -- No word from westphilly.
  • Giants vs Buccaneers
  • 49ers vs Cardinals -- Playing now.
  • Titans(CPU) vs Colts
  • Vikings vs Broncos
  • Texans vs Jaguars -- Demon has had to opt for an auto-pilot game due to family.

the_EDJ

Location Omaha, NE

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top