American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
illmatic717
illmatic717
Madden 12, 15 Super Bowl Champ
Yards : 1291
Swagger : 33
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Atlanta Falcons
Fave NCAA Team : Penn State Nittany Lions

AALoA/GSL NFL Gambling Game Empty AALoA/GSL NFL Gambling Game

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:15 pm
I am hoping some other people want to do this. It will takes about 10 seconds of time each week.

First, very basic betting info for those who are not familiar. Every week, NFL betting spreads are posted for each NFL game. If a team has a minus sign (-) beside their name, they are favorites. If a team has a plus sign (+) beside their name, they are underdogs. For instance, this week the Bears are 9.5 favorites over the Colts. They are listed as Colts +9.5 and Bears are listed at Bears -9.5. If you take the Colts, you are betting that they will win OR stay within 9 points of Chicago. If you take the Bears, they must win by more than 9.5

A Over/Under score is also posted. Simply, it is the total points scored by both teams combined in the game. The Colts-Bears game is listed at 43. You can bet they will score either more or less than that.

If you place a $10 bet on Bears, and they win by 7, you lose. When you lose, you lose the money you gambled PLUS 20%. So you would be at -12. If you won, you would be at +10.

ALL TIES LOSE.

How the game works:

You may place 3 types of bets: $10, $20, $30. You can bet up to $100 a week and an extra $20 Monday Night. In total, $120 every week. You may bet on any game spread and any Over/Under. I will post the lines every week and update this original post with weekly $ amounts for each person. Anyone can jump in at any time. Just a fun game to play and kill some time and give a rooting interest in otherwise boring games.

illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

AALoA/GSL NFL Gambling Game Empty Re: AALoA/GSL NFL Gambling Game

Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:17 pm
Message reputation : 100% (1 vote)
Week 1 Betting Lines:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
Yards : 980
Swagger : 18
Fave NFL Team : San Francisco 49ers
Fave NCAA Team : Oregon State Beavers

Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:55 pm
I'll do:

$20 on the Saints to cover -7
$10 on the Lions to cover -7.5
$20 on the Eagles to cover -9
$30 on the Niners to cover +5
$10 on the Titans to cover +5.5
$10 on the Vikings to cover -4

and your message cuts off, so i dunno what the monday night line is lol
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:34 pm
Whoops lol you're right. Since I can't edit my post...

the Monday lines

Bengals +6
Ravens -6
Over/Under 41

Chargers +1
Raiders -1
Over/Under 46.5

Mine:

-$30 Saints -7
-$20 Patriots -5.5
-$10 Jags +4
-$20 Jags/Vikes Under 39.5
-$10 Eagles/browns Under 43.6
-$10 Bucs/Panthers Under 46.5

Monday:

$10 Raiders -1
$10 Raiders/Chargers Under 46.5
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ

Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:36 pm
$20 on the raiders then
THEKING1
THEKING1
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 10
Swagger : 0
LocationPittsburgh
Fave NFL Team : Steelers
Fave NCAA Team : NC State, Alabama, Clemson, Oregon, Arizona St

Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm
$10 on Steelers, not sure of the line but I think they'll win and I know they're dogs
$10 on Colts +9.5
$10 on Browns +9
$10 on Bills +2.5
$10 on Saints -7
$10 on Patriots -5
$10 on Vikings -4
$10 on Texans -11.5
$10 on Lions -7.5
$10 on Packers -5
$20 on Chargers +1

By the way, I love when you post on these forums and I see them. I'm not sure why...
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
NCAA 11, 13, 14 BCS Champ
Yards : 4180
Swagger : 85
LocationNew York
Fave NFL Team : Pittsburgh Steelers

Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 pm
I'll bite ...

$30 Carolina Panthers (-1)
$30 Indianapolis Colts (+9.5)
$20 Green Bay Packers (-5)
$20 Kansas City Chiefs (+3)

Monday Night

$20 Baltimore/Cincinnati (Under 41)
Joker-HFX-81
Joker-HFX-81
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
Yards : 59
LocationHalifax, Nova Scotia

Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:51 pm
I am an avid NFL bettor so this is easy for me. I'll post my picks each week and give reasons why. The only difference will be money wagered in real life versus this fun site.

Without further ado here are my opening weekend bets:

New England -5.5 ($30)
The Patriots have one of the most dominant passing attacks in the NFL. They will be facing a secondary that was ranked 14th in the league last year. Allowing 226 yards a game in the air. With the departure of Cortland Finnegan, arguably their best player on that side of the ball, I anticipate them giving up plenty of points to Brady et al. On the flip side, Jake Locker will be going up against one of the NFL's best Defensive minds.

Miami +11.5 ($30)
The Dolphins had the leagues 6th ranked defence in points allowed last season giving up a paltry 19.6 ppg. Combined with a 3rd ranked run defence that kept rushers under 100 yards on average for the entire season. In the pre-season week 3 game against the Falcons the first team D held Matty Ice and the Dirty Birds without a touchdown for the entire first half. I think that carries over into the regular season and allows the Phins to keep this game in Houston close.

Jacksonville +4 ($30)
The Jags had an impressive 6th ranked Defense last season despite many injuries on that side of the ball. This year they are healthty and are boasting a deep threat in Justin Blackmon. Gabbert looks a year older and much sharper this season than he did in his rookie debut. They are facing a Minnesota team that was 21st in defence last year and didn't do much to improve.
THEKING1
THEKING1
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationPittsburgh

Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:55 pm
THEKING1 wrote:$10 on Steelers, not sure of the line but I think they'll win and I know they're dogs
$10 on Colts +9.5
$10 on Browns +9
$10 on Bills +2.5
$10 on Saints -7
$10 on Patriots -5
$10 on Vikings -4
$10 on Texans -11.5
$10 on Lions -7.5
$10 on Packers -5
$20 on Chargers +1

By the way, I love when you post on these forums and I see them. I'm not sure why...

I like how the last guy explained his picks..

Steelers - I'm a Steelers fan and I know they're without Clark and Harrison on D, but Peyton hasn't played in over a year. I don't think he'll be the old Peyton right away and the Steelers want revenge for a playoff loss.

Colts - I think they are very underrated. It's alot different to go to Soldier Field in September than it would be in December. They'll score some points and a garbage time TD will cause the Bears to fail to cover.

Browns - I don't think the Browns are any good but 9 is alot of points at home. All it takes is one hit on Vick to make this a low scoring struggle.

Bills - The Jets can't score points. I like the Bills to win this one outright. They have a fair share of weapons on offense though Stevie Johnson will be on Revis Island. I think Jackson/Spiller get a fair chunk of yardage against the solid Jets front 7.

Saints - They are going to score a lot of points. Rookie QB playing from behind spells trouble. RG3 will get a lot of yardage but maybe throw 3 or 4 picks when the Saints are sitting back in the prevent style D.

Patriots - I just think they'll score a lot of points too behind a good gameplan from McDaniels. I want to see CJ2K bounce back, and Locker play a few good games before I start picking Tennessee.

Vikings - Blaine Gabbert is bad. Christian Ponder is less bad.

Texans - I think this team could have made a Super Bowl push last year if they didn't lose Schaub. Losing Mario Williams and a few others hurts but I think they storm out of the gates just like they did last year when they destroyed Indy.

Lions - Matthew Stafford is my boy. And the Lions are my pick in my Survivor Poll in Week 1. I think they'll win BIG.

Packers - Alex Smith just can't keep up. And the 49ers can't get too Rodgers quick enough. Great defense but the Pack have had quite a while to get ready for this one. I like Aaron Rodgers for that reason.

Chargers - Carson Palmer plays QB like my 12 year old cousin plays Madden. I always pick my fantasy football D in the last round. This year I decided I wanted a reason to watch the late Monday Night game - so I picked SD in numerous leagues. My reason will be to watch my Fantasy D taking a pick to the house and turning Palmer over a few other times. Chargers win.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:14 pm
Steel Pitt wrote:I'll bite ...

Monday Night

0-4 and out $100

This is why I don't bet in real life, lol.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:43 am
Had some time to update from Sunday games. Monday games still in play, and I will update tomorrow how we all did this week. I also enjoyed reading the reasonings from Havoc, and TheKing and I will likely do so in the future. I will post a weekly recap as well.

SquirrelHunter wrote:I'll do:

$20 on the Saints to cover -7
$10 on the Lions to cover -7.5
$20 on the Eagles to cover -9
$30 on the Niners to cover +5
$10 on the Titans to cover +5.5
$10 on the Vikings to cover -4

Squirrel:
-$24
-$12
-$24
+30
-$12
-$12

Total: -$54

illmatic216 wrote:

Mine:

-$30 Saints -7
-$20 Patriots -5.5
-$10 Jags +4
-$20 Jags/Vikes Under 39.5
-$10 Eagles/browns Under 43.6
-$10 Bucs/Panthers Under 46.5

Monday:

$10 Raiders -1
$10 Raiders/Chargers Under 46.5

illmatic

+$20
+$10
-$24
+10
+10

Total: -$10

THEKING1 wrote:$10 on Steelers, not sure of the line but I think they'll win and I know they're dogs
$10 on Colts +9.5
$10 on Browns +9
$10 on Bills +2.5
$10 on Saints -7
$10 on Patriots -5
$10 on Vikings -4
$10 on Texans -11.5
$10 on Lions -7.5
$10 on Packers -5
$20 on Chargers +1

TheKing

-$12
-$12
+$10
-$12
-$12
+$10
-$12
+$10
-$12
-$12

Total: -$54

Steel Pitt wrote:I'll bite ...

Monday Night

Steel:

-$36
-$36
-$24
-$24

Total: -$120

Joker-HFX-81 wrote:I am an avid NFL bettor so this is easy for me. I'll post my picks each week and give reasons why. The only difference will be money wagered in real life versus this fun site.

Without further ado here are my opening weekend bets:

New England -5.5 ($30)
The Patriots have one of the most dominant passing attacks in the NFL. They will be facing a secondary that was ranked 14th in the league last year. Allowing 226 yards a game in the air. With the departure of Cortland Finnegan, arguably their best player on that side of the ball, I anticipate them giving up plenty of points to Brady et al. On the flip side, Jake Locker will be going up against one of the NFL's best Defensive minds.

Miami +11.5 ($30)
The Dolphins had the leagues 6th ranked defence in points allowed last season giving up a paltry 19.6 ppg. Combined with a 3rd ranked run defence that kept rushers under 100 yards on average for the entire season. In the pre-season week 3 game against the Falcons the first team D held Matty Ice and the Dirty Birds without a touchdown for the entire first half. I think that carries over into the regular season and allows the Phins to keep this game in Houston close.

Jacksonville +4 ($30)
The Jags had an impressive 6th ranked Defense last season despite many injuries on that side of the ball. This year they are healthty and are boasting a deep threat in Justin Blackmon. Gabbert looks a year older and much sharper this season than he did in his rookie debut. They are facing a Minnesota team that was 21st in defence last year and didn't do much to improve.

Havoc:

+$30
-$36
+$30

Total: +$24
THEKING1
THEKING1
High School Recruit
High School Recruit
LocationPittsburgh

Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:33 pm
Wow was I off, good thing I don't bet for real haha.

When I was doing this, I was thinking damn this is easy I should start betting!
Joker-HFX-81
Joker-HFX-81
High School Recruit
High School Recruit

Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:31 pm
It probably doesn't matter but you have me listed as Havoc... I'm not sure why, but that's not my name lol
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:34 am
Joker-HFX-81 wrote:It probably doesn't matter but you have me listed as Havoc... I'm not sure why, but that's not my name lol

Hahaha WOW. Bang Head I have no clue why I did that lol. I will change it, my bad.

Also glad another gambler is here on the forum Dance . Over the past few years I've been pretty good at losing all my money on NFL games and winning it back with NBA betting. Never been too good with NFL for some reason, but I'm an NBA junkie and bet on a nightly basis. I'm a long time lurker over at the SBRforum. Just wondering, do you bet through a site or a local?

Joker-HFX-81
Joker-HFX-81
High School Recruit
High School Recruit

Tue Sep 11, 2012 3:07 pm
I only bet on the NFL, mostly due to the fact it is the only sport I know inside and out. I used to play on sportsinteraction.com but this season I am using Stadium Bets on Pro-line. It's a Canadian sports book.

I love playing the spread and I usually do pretty good. I give myself a set limit at the start of the season, so if I want to keep it going all year I have to win lol.

I look forward to seeing your picks and I can't wait to see the line.
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:32 pm
Standings:

Joker: +$24
illmatic216: -$12
TheKing1: -$34
SquirrelHunter: -$78
SteelPitt: -$144

Well guys, not a great collective performance for Week 1. Like Pitt said, good thing we are using fake money tongue Joker was the only one to finish in the positives, congrats joker! Here are the Week 2 lines:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Joker-HFX-81
Joker-HFX-81
High School Recruit
High School Recruit

Wed Sep 12, 2012 5:04 pm
Miami +2.5 ($30)
The Dolphins Defense played exceptional against the Houston Texans. Outside of the 24 points scored off 4 consecutive turnovers inside their own 30 they held them to 6 points. This week JJ Watt won't be on the defensive line tipping Tannehill's passes and the D continues to play well against a battered passing attack (Ford and Moore are both Questionable). As well the Dolphins are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games as underdogs of 3.0-10.0

Baltimore +1 ($30)
The Ravens showed that they are one of the NFL's most dominant teams on Monday night posting 4th ranked offense. Flacco passed for nearly 400 yards and Ray Rice continued showing why he is arguably the best RB in the league. They are facing a Philly team that barely edged out the anemic Browns offense. This game is based more on gut feeling than stats, which I hate doing, but Baltimore is my AFC pick to go to the Superbowl this year so I have to take them this week.

Dallas -3 ($30)
This pick was simple. Dallas is better than Arizona, Seattle is not as good as the NYG. It also helps that Dallas has won the last 3 meetings straight up. They are 5-1 ATS in the last 6 meetings. Although it is only 1 game the Dallas offense is ranked 3rd going against the 3rd ranked Seattle Defense. However that ranking is not true to form as they played a sub-par offense in Arizona. Against the Superbowl champs the Cowboys posted a D good enough for 7th while the Seahawks couldn't muster better than a 29th ranked offense against a porous Arizona D.

A game I'm not betting on but I am very high on is the Bears +6. I feel that the new high powered Chicago offense will pass all over the terrible (Last place in 2011, 21st place so far in 2012) Green Bay secondary. I think Chicago goes to the NFC Championship this season (and loses to the 49ers) but I'm nervous of any team going into Lambeau.

Good luck all
SquirrelHunter
SquirrelHunter
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ
NCAA 13, Madden 15 Champ

Wed Sep 12, 2012 8:58 pm
($30) daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bears (+6) -- 7 of the last 8 bears/packers games have been decided by 7 points or less. gimme the points.

($20) ravens (+1) -- the eagles are trash

($10) colts (+1) -- gimme luck in his first career home start

($20) seachickens (+3) -- things you bet on as underdogs: tom brady, peyton manning, drew brees, roethlisberger, aaron rodgers, qwest field

($10) buccs (+9) -- i dont trust the giants at home early in the season

($10) saints panthers over 51.5 -- these defenses are pretty bad, and these offenses are pretty good

MNF bet: $20 on atlanta.
Steel Pitt
Steel Pitt
LocationNew York

Wed Sep 12, 2012 9:14 pm
Ok, let's hope for a better showing this week ...

$30 - Tampa Bay (+9)
$30 - New England (-13.5)
$30 - Dallas (-3)
$10 - San Francisco (-6.5)

Monday Night

$20 - Denver (+3)
DemonX5136
DemonX5136
Grizzled Veteran
Grizzled Veteran
Yards : 1253
Swagger : 27
LocationElko, Minnesota
Fave NFL Team : Minnesota Vikings
Fave NCAA Team : Boise State Broncos

Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:10 am
$30 - New England (-13.5)
$30 - Vikings (-1)
$10 - Panthers (+1)
$20 - Ravens/Eagles (under 46.5)
$10 - Redskins (-3)

Monday Night

$20 - Denver (+3)
illmatic717
illmatic717
LocationPittsburgh

Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:24 pm
Slept through the beginning of the early games today Sad

$30 on Steelers - 6: I Wish I could put my lifes savings on this game. Jets are getting way too much love after beating a bad Bills team.

$20 Jets/Steelers Under 41.5: I am seeing Pittsburgh by 17 and I see the Jets really struggling to put up much of an offense. Two defensive minded teams. I don't see this going over.

$20 Cowboys -2: I never like betting against Seattle at home, but I missed the early games and wanna bet lol. Dallas is a much more talented team and I am just hoping they cover.

$30 49ers -6.5: Don't particularly like this bet either lol. But 49ers just look so good right now, and I feel like Detroit is really one dimensional. Traveling to the west coast is always tough to do, and the energy is going to be huge in a Sunday Night game. I see 49ers by 10-17.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum