American Armchair League of America
Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Please login to ensure the most complete experience possible. To access the forums, click the 'Home' Link on the navigation bar up top. The homepage is the 'Portal' that the website defaults to.

This is a Playstation, sim-style community. Cheap, lobby-style tactics are not tolerated. Once logged in, you will have access to all sub forums hidden from guests, as well as images and links. Let us know if you have any questions.

AALoA Madden Commish: the_EDJ
Madden co-commish: GoingCommandoAZ, King_Hippo72

Fortnite Commish: lArlstol, GRIZZ, the_EDJ

Destiny Commish: Tonethewellknown
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the_EDJ
the_EDJ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
NCAA 11, 12, 14; Madden 15, 18 Champ
Yards : 7633
Swagger : 37
LocationOmaha, NE
Fave NFL Team : Chicago Bears
Fave NCAA Team : Nebraska Cornhuskers
Rules 577379_395230003868040_2115055736_n Rules 483039_395230623867978_1008548527_n Rules 523563_395230697201304_1290331509_n
The Franchise will be run in a sim style manner that we've defined. In this way, it is expected that all players conduct themselves in a manner that makes the game fun, fair, and challenging for both parties involved. Winning at all costs is frowned upon. The primary goal, for participating this league is to have fun, and dive deep into a full Franchise experience. We all know that some of the cheap lobby tactics that take advantage of the CPU AI or just display poor sportsmanship can quickly turn playing the game into an unpleasant hour of gaming. The rules/guidelines are not here to make people feel restricted or confined in their game play but more so ensure that the hour you spend playing is enjoyable in victory or defeat.

Difficulty Level - All-Pro
Quarter Length - 7 Minutes
Game Speed - Normal
Injuries - On
Fatigue - On
Sliders - TBD

Table of Contents
I.) Play Style
II.) Advancement
III.) Gameplay Rules
. . . . 1.) No Cheese
. . . . 2.) Moving Players Pre-Snap
. . . . 3.) QB Scrambling
. . . . 4.) Play-Calling
. . . . 5.) Call a Paced Game
. . . . 6.) Play-Action
. . . . 7.) Defensive Coverage
. . . . 8.) 4th Down Rules
. . . . 9.) User vs. AI Games
. . . .10.) Disconnects
. . . .11.) Banned Plays
IV.) Trades
V.) Reporting Broken of Rules
VI.) Breaking of Rules

I.) Play Style:
Everyone has a play style of their own. These differences are more than welcomed as it makes for a diverse league, but it's still important to mix up your play calls. Mixing up running and passing. Calling different types of man defense, zone defense, blitzes, and zone blitzes. While people have favorite plays in key situations, running it over and over in that situation should be avoided, such as screen passes on multiple 3rd and longs or FB Dives on every 3rd and Short. Hot routing every play should be avoided as well. Run the plays how they're intended to be ran.

Even the Pats show attempts to have a running game. On defense, you shouldn't be calling the same Cover 2 Man play every other play. Variety is risky, but it's part of the game. Most NFL Offenses are reiterations of the same base playbook, and most defenses originate from the same "Tampa 2" or 3-4 attack schemes. The 3-4 shouldn't be an excuse to call Cover 2 Man, rush three fat asses, and patrol with the one zone defender.

II.) Advancement:
The league will advance every Sunday and Wednesday. There is not a set time I will be able to advance. It can range anywhere from 12 pm to 12:30 am Thursday morning. The point being, get your games in. Schedule games with your opponents early to keep things rolling.

III.) Gameplay Rules:
1. No cheesing:
While EA has done a decent job of removing AI flaws in their games, should any cheap tactics like rocket user catching, nano blitzing, and LB shaking be found, they will not be tolerated. Play the game against your opponent, not the AI. If an exploit is found down the road that you've been using, you will be booted immediately. Not running the clock down to zero every play.
2. Moving Players Pre-Snap
Moving a player is allowed. They must stay in their general direction. For example, a MLB must be between the OLBs. You cannot put any LBs into any gaps. You cannot drag a player across the field. D-Line must stay on the line. You can not pull them back and reposition them. Safeties must stay a few yards or more behind LBs. If in the blitz coverage look, the SS acts as a LB.
3. QB Scrambling
QBs may not drop back more than 10 yards. QB's may not immediately bolt out of the pocket to game the passing angles/defense for an easy throw. Sim play as your QB is mandated. Should you be flushed from the pocket, or be scrambling to avoid a sack, anything goes, that's sim. Bootleg plays are fine, they are sim and give QBs a run/pass option. Learn to be aware of the pocket, and the only time you should be leaving the pocket on a pass are the two situations above, pressure and bootlegs. Dropping straight back to avoid pressure is unsim.
4. Play-Calling
Mix up play calling on both offense and defense. Expand your playbook by trying new plays and formations in Practice Mode if you're not comfortable with a big playbook. Madden 13 is a new game, plays that may not have worked last year need to be re-tried this year. If the offense spreads the field with 4 receivers or more, you shouldn't be in a base defense, you need to be in Nickel and Dime. If you're backed up into your own red zone, whatever formation you want to use is fine because the situation dictates it. Defense, call your play after the offense to ensure you're not mismatching personnel.
5. Call a paced game
Do not rush plays to try and pad stats, and do not milk the play clock until the final 3 or 4 minutes of the game in a certain victory.
6. Play-action
In past games, play-action often took advantage of a weak AI no matter the down and distance. Because of this, do not call play-action passes on 3rd and long (5 yards or more to go).
7. Defensive Coverage
This goes along with mixing up your play calling. Do not call Bump and Run on every single play. Mix man and zone. Call more than just Cover 2 and Cover 3.
8. 4th Down Rules
Up by 14 or more – You are not allowed to go for it. You must kick (FG or Punt).
Up by 13 or less (or tied) – You may go for it if it is 4th and short (3 yards or less) but only if you have reached your opponent's 35 yard line.
Losing by 16 or less - you may go for it in on 4th and short (3 yards or less) but only once you have crossed midfield and entered your opponent’s side of the field.
Losing by 17 or more - you may attempt a 4th down conversion in any situation.
***If you find that a player broke a 4th down rule, it is expected that the violator punt the ball to the opponent immediately.
9. User vs. AI Games (Stat Padding)
Hopefully sliders will boost the challenge of CPU games. If, the AI does not offer a challenge for players, stat abuse will not be tolerated and we will adjust sliders or post limits while exploring adjustments.
10. Disconnects
Only the two owners playing the game really know how the flow of the game was going. Should a disconnect happen, please take the time to discuss how to proceed via text, email, PSN, etc. If you both agree, fantastic! If you're not coming to a consensus, these are the agreed upon guidelines to follow. Typical guidelines are to replay the game unless it is late in the game and out of reach (up by 17+ with <4 min in the 4th).
11. Banned Plays
New year, clean slate. Nothing is banned until something is discovered.

Trades
--Probation Period: A new owner (having never played in the league) must complete 1 user game before they can trade players. Every owner must have at least 1 Scouting Report written by the user they faced. They must also write at least one scouting report on their opponent.
--Restrictions: Players rated 88 Ovr and higher are untradeable. No CPU trades.

V.) Reporting Breaking of Rules
The hardest part of enforcing rules is proving the infraction took place. The most important part is avoiding the immature he said/they said type arguments. We are adults, let's act like it. Stats are the easiest to track. Providing proof is important if you want to PM me with your concerns. Videos or snapshots, or a cell phone picture of something displaying the infraction can become important. We have a good group of guys, so this shouldn't become an issue.[/color]

IV.) Breaking of Rules:
Should an owner break a rule, the infraction will be taken into consideration and 1 of 2 scenarios can take place.
1) Suspension of star/key player(s) for a number of games. The player will need to be completely benched in all phases of the game for the duration of the suspension.
2) Booted from the league.

So don't break the rules. I don't want to go all Brady on you. Upset - Brady
And we don't want you getting all Tebow on us. Upset - Tebow

While I feel firmly about these rules, they are open for discussion for the most part, but keep in mind we've spent 3+ years refining these. Send me any questions or open discussion of the rules and we can talk about them.
Share this post on:reddit

Comments

the_EDJ
Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:59 pmthe_EDJ
Read, agreed, and signed.

I did write the thing after all. Wink
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:01 pmGuest
Herbie Hancock
jacquito69
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:20 pmjacquito69
read& signed
DemonX5136
Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:46 pmDemonX5136
Read them & I agree to abide by set rules.
Animosity1oAK
Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:31 pmAnimosity1oAK
Read, agreed, and signed with my own blood.
SquirrelHunter
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:21 amSquirrelHunter
signed
capeman
Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:29 amcapeman
agreed
xEcko420x
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:11 amxEcko420x
read,signed,ready to go
cheed85
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 amcheed85
Signed
Steel Pitt
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:24 amSteel Pitt
Agreed
truth_n_babylon
Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:46 amtruth_n_babylon
Signed
YtBalla
Fri Sep 14, 2012 8:43 amYtBalla
Signed
THE_GHOST_1NSIDE
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:31 amTHE_GHOST_1NSIDE
I have read, agreed and signed the rules.
King_Hippo72
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:48 amKing_Hippo72
Yeah yeah, I know your damn words.
illmatic717
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 amillmatic717
I didn't read and I am not signing tongue
Posky
Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:58 amPosky
YIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:32 amGuest
Agreed.
MeanMrMustard
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:29 pmMeanMrMustard
Signed, etc.
mission8
Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:45 pmmission8
Signed
bignasty2992
Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:27 pmbignasty2992
read, agreed and signed.
juicebox2491
Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:50 pmjuicebox2491
read, agreed, and signed. Leggo!
Ken
Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:34 pmKen
SIGNED. Plz send.
konemesis
Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:32 amkonemesis
Agreed Signed. send me dat invite
shooter
Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:09 amshooter
Signed in day old semen of a rhino
d-stylez260
Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:31 amd-stylez260
I read and I agree. However I plan to cheat at the first opportunity presented to me Smile
J/K!!
SwitchBladeKilla
Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:24 pmSwitchBladeKilla
Read, agreed, and signed
newt205
Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:24 pmnewt205
agreed
GoingCommandoAZ
Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 pmGoingCommandoAZ
Message reputation : 0% (1 vote)
Yes Adolf, I sign off. No
Cougars79